- Preheat oven to 180*c and line 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a seperate bowl, beat together the egg, buttermilk and vanilla
- Melt the butter, cocoa, and cola in a saucepan over a low heat. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients, stir well, then add the buttermilk mixture, beating until the batter is well blended.
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes, or until risen. Set aside to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter and icing sugar until there are no lumps. Stir the cola syrup and milk together in a jug, then pour into the butter and sugar mixture, whilst beating slowly. Whisk until light and fluffy, then add popping candy to taste. The popping candy will lose it's fizz after a while so they should be eaten straight away for full effect!
- Ice cakes and add decorations! This is where I would personally add LOADS of popping candy!!!!!
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Helloooooooo from a lovely sunny Wells!!
I just thought I'd share some pretty pics from my little trip... A couple of my favorite shops, the best greengrocers in the world, and my pretty new Cath Kidston skirt!
Tuesday, 12 August 2014
As I've been promising you all a proper nose around my home since I moved I figured I'd better get on with it, knowing full well that if I don't there'll be a wool stash/stable door riot soon, you naughty lot!!!
So here goes...
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
180 g caster sugar
2 small lemons
200g cream cheese
3 tbsps lemon curd
Lots of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, and grease and line two sandwich tins
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the butter, caster sugar and eggs, beat it all together until light and fluffy.
- Grate the rind and squeeze the juice from one of the lemons and whisk in, then divide the mixture evenly between the two tins. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch, and the cakes are starting to pull away from the sides of the tins. Turn out on to a wire rack, remove the baking paper and let them cool.
- Grate the zest from the second lemon. Beat the cream cheese and zest together, then beat in enough sifted icing sugar until it's light and spreadable.
- Sandwich the cakes together with a third of the mixture, adding a lovely dollop of lemon curd, then spread the rest of the cream cheese frosting on the topYou can also add sprinkles, lemon zest, sugar lemons, or anything else you fancy on top! Or you can shove all of the frosting in the middle of the sandwich, and dust icing sugar over the top - this is slightly less fussing, and easier if you're baking with kids!!
Friday, 1 August 2014
Well, July's been one hell of a month!!
It kicked off with a trip to Brighton, which involved loads of shopping, great food, amazing cocktails, and catching up with friends, it couldn't if been a better start to the month!
Its also been a strange one as I've left my day job after almost eight years, but there's been lots of laughs, tears, cake, nights out, and love along the way... I've found out who my real friends are, had a cull of the ones that no longer deserved to be a part of my life, been on a few really lovely dates, spoilt myself, been spoilt by others, and just enjoyed all of the things that I LOVE about my life! A lot can be said about the kindness of others y'know!
And lastly, I'm happy, truly happy, the sort of happy that makes you smile to yourself for no reason, and I like it!
Sunday, 27 July 2014
I'm sorry I've abandoned you ever so slightly oh lovely blog! The last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy, I've now left the day job, which subsequently meant lots of partying, I'd been there for eight years, I had to!! And on top of that, there's been birthdays and christenings and I'm sure I've crammed more in than just that!
So, I'm making a pledge to not ignore my blog! I mean, the poor thing's done nothing at all to deserve being ignored after all!
There's a couple of Meet the Makers lined up, and I've been baking so I'll share the recipes with you guys too, so I'll be back soon, I promise!